Where is the car rental return at Seattle Airport?
If you want to drop your vehicle off at SEA airport, start by finding out the location of your chosen agency. The point is that directions to the car rental return center depend on your provider's actual location, and you should plan your journey back accordingly. In this sense, two types of suppliers are available at the International Airport of Seattle.
The list of airport-based suppliers includes SIXT, FOX, ALAMO, ENTERPRISE, NATIONAL and ZEEBA RENT A VAN - they sit within the terminal or occupy a separate building nearby. So, if renting from any of these agencies, you can drop off your vehicle in a specialized garage/facility. The exact car rental return address at Seattle Airport is 17801 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98158, USA.
Off-site car rental companies
Certain agencies, including THRIFTY, DOLLAR, BUDGET, HERTZ, EZ, AVIS and PAYLESS, have offices off the airport premises but are still close by, typically within a 5-10 minute drive. If your supplier is on this list, you will need to make your way to their dedicated parking lot (usually located nearby) to return your vehicle. Then, a shuttle service will take you back to the airport if you have a flight ahead.
Seattle Airport car rental return map
FAQs about Seattle Airport rental car return
Where to refill my rental car before returning it at Seattle Airport?
Before heading to your car rental return location, you can fill up your vehicle at any of the gas stations located near Seattle Airport. For more information, browse through the list of gas stations closest to SEA below:
- Shell, 17010 International Blvd, SeaTac, 1 km
- Seatac Marathon gas station, 2841 S 188th St, Seattle, 1.4 km
- 76, 16850 International Blvd, Seattle, 1 km
- Chevron, 16402 Military Rd S, Seattle, 2.7 km
- 76, 4603 S 188th St, Seattle, 3.3 km
- SeaTac Chevron, 15804 Des Moines Memorial Dr, Seattle, 2.9 km
- C-Stop, 17700 Ambaum Blvd S, Burien, 2.9 km
- PetroCard Pacific Pride, 18201 8th Ave S, Burien, 2.5 km
What if I return my rental car late?
What to do and expect if you find yourself in such a situation? Review the basic steps in the following list.
- Notify the agency. If you plan to exceed the agreed-upon car rental return hours, please contact the company and notify them about the delay. Doing so may lead the agency to reduce the late charge if the reasons which justify your delay are compelling enough or beyond your control.
- Know your grace period. As a rule, companies provide a grace period - a time interval from the agreed drop-off hours within which you won’t be charged. Typically, it varies from 29 minutes to 2½ hours, depending on the provider.
- Arrive as quickly as possible. If you don't fit into the specified grace period, expect hourly and daily fees that can range from $10 to $40. Some companies have a 24-hour gap and charge an hourly rate which is equal to 3/4 of the daily cost, plus $0.01. At the same time, you will pay 1/2 the daily price plus $0.01 for weekly rates. It is essential to read your agency's T&Cs for complete information on the applicable late return policy.
How to drop off my car when the rental office is closed?
Check how to drop off a car at Seattle Airport after office closing by following these simple steps:
- Read the agreement or contact the agency to find out if it’s possible to drop your vehicle off after desk work hours.
- If an after-hours return is available, agree on the exact drop-off location.
- Leave the car at the airport/agency parking at the appointed time and lock it, after removing your belongings.
- Place the keys and the completed drop-off form (if available) in a special dropbox.
- Wait a few days until the company sends you a receipt. Also, save all paperwork until then.